[Vm-dev] appveyor queue is too long

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Thu Jan 3 12:23:35 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 12:31 PM Nicolas Cellier <

> All this take really a long time. Are the stack build really necessary?
> We could build one for 32bits and one for 64bits, just to verify that we
> did not break the spurstacksrc and spurstack64src, but only if we changes
> spurstacksrc, spurstack64src or eventually platforms support code (if ever
> spurstacksrc was using different support code than spursrc, which I doubt).
> Is it possible to trigger the build on specific changes?
> I wonder if we could not arrange to have another subproject that would
> build those alternative VM...

Another idea: set up an orphan branch with CI builds that pull the Cog
branch and build the stack VMs. Then, we could set up Travis to build this
specific branch once a week/month and remove these builds from our main
config. In the worst case, we would notice a broken stack VM after a
week/month which might be tolerable.