[Vm-dev] Visual Studio code Configuration for the VM

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Sat Jan 12 13:26:31 UTC 2019

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 at 07:36, Nicolas Cellier <

> Thanks, I think that is can be a good complementary tool.
>
> Le ven. 11 janv. 2019 à 23:49, Guillermo Polito <guillermopolito at gmail.com>
> a écrit :
>

>> Hi guys,
>>
>> We have been using this week with Pablo a combination of Visual Studio
>> Code, cygwin, and gdb to build and debug the VM to chase some issues during
>> ffi calls in win64.
>>
>> It was overall simple to setup, and though I thought it was going to be
>> just a text editor with vitamines, it ended up being a really light but
>> versatile IDE with code navigation, compilation and debugging integration.

My understanding of it was also that it was more an editor than a
debugger.  Nice to learn there is more to it.

Another option is Visual Studio Community.  Its interesting to remember
that VS on Windows can remotely compile
and debug on a Linux box.  - either WSL or on a cloud box.  Its something
I've been meaning to try out.
Perhaps useful if a client needed VM support on a distro you didn't have
locally.
* Visual Studio 2017  Linux development with C++  (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIiFuBczd6A)
* (
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/linux/deploy-run-and-debug-your-linux-project?view=vs-2017
)