[Vm-dev] arm64 ffi VMMaker breakage

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Jan 21 23:39:34 UTC 2019

Cross check fails.

I am doing a git clone of the opensmalltalk-vm and updating VMMaker to
VMMaker.oscog-eem.2510.mcz [1]

The generated ARM64FFIPlugin.c causes a segfault.

This is apparently due to some loss of state filled with "null" values.

149,150c149,150
< #define DisownVMForFFICall null
< #define DisownVMForThreading null
---
> #define DisownVMForFFICall 16
> #define DisownVMForThreading 32
207c207
< # define SPURVM null
---
> # define SPURVM 1

Replacing the nulls with the values above allows a good build.

The result fails 7 unit tests rather than 3, but I fail to find salient
differences in the ARM64FFIPlugin.c file.

I will do the diffs between the cloned oscogvm and my working files to
see what is going on there.

Can some kind soul help me to see where the above #defines are generated
by VMMaker and why they are nulls?

Sorry for the breakage; thanks much for the help!
-KenD

Links:
------
[1] http://source.squeak.org/VMMakerInbox/VMMaker.oscog-eem.2510.mcz