[Vm-dev] arm64 ffi update [working better]

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Jan 22 17:18:10 UTC 2019

Back to 3 unit test fails with VMMaker generated arm64 FFI!

VMMaker.oscog-KenD.2511.mcz [1] plus latest pull to fix arm64abicc.c [2]

Two basic problems.

 [1] Somehow, StackInterpreter lost some of its class variable values
(e.g. for DisownVM).

Had to invoke

  StackInterpreter initializeMiscConstants

Note that "StackInterpreter initialize" did _not_ set these.

[2] I found/find pattern of "use every other float register" wacky.

Now I begin to see that this is to work around C typecast hoop jumps.
So floatRegisters are now declared #float rather than #double.  This
changed the number of unit test failures from 7 to 3.

We probably need to (better) document this somewhere.

On to those remaining unit tests, then I get to write some more!  ;^)

-KenD

Links:
------
[1] http://source.squeak.org/VMMakerInbox/VMMaker.oscog-KenD.2511.mcz