[Vm-dev] [Pharo-users] macOS VM builds with AddressSanitizer/LeakSanitizer

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 29 18:58:18 UTC 2019

> On 2019-01-29, at 6:32 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> What do you think?  What to others think?  How do we best capture this for posterity?

Mail list posts are one form of immortality but can easily get lost in the growing cruft as time passes. It's also difficult to establish the currency of the info a year (or ten!) later. Blog posts and forum posts have the same problems.

Pages/books on github or similar have the virtue of being hosted in a reasonably secure manner and carry date /version metadata with them, so that could be helpful. Linking to the doc in the list, in blogs or tweets spreads the signal. Linking to the (hopefully) large and growing tree of well written and well cared for doc from the sources would be very useful.

More important than any of the details is simply getting the doc produced and reviewed. Collectively we (software dweebs) are *useless* at doc, even though it constantly bites us.

tim
Strange OpCodes: PFM: Pray For Miracle