[Vm-dev] VMMaker in Pharo [Was: Squeak and Tonel]

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 20:15:20 UTC 2019

Hi Tudor,
It depends good enough for what?
If i'm the author of a change that happens to be a mistake, then i want to
be able to exert my responsibility.
But i must first understand the context in which i took sone decisions, and
a broken history won't help.
Also linear history is breaking authorship, so maybe i won't even blame
myself... example:

Vm.branch1-eem.10 change method a
Vm.branch2-nice.10 change method b
Vm.merge.eem.11 => i'm the author of b changes

But

Vm.branch1-eem.10 change method a
Vm.branch2-nice.10 change method b
Vm.branch1-eem.11 change method c
Vm.merge.eem.12 => Eliot is attributed the authorship of b changes

That often happens with my own changes because Eliot is continuously
developing. So from my POV, it's not good enough... just unusable.