[Vm-dev] Some more effort to make Slang and VMMaker work on Pharo [for review]

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Tue May 7 09:27:50 UTC 2019

Hi all,

In the last couple of days I've worked a bit on making VMMaker work in
Pharo again, based on the original effort of Eliot. I've produced a couple
of patches that I've left in the VMMaker inbox (below I past the commits'
info).

With these changes I was able to generate, compile and run successfully so
far the Stack VM on OSX (mojave). I've tried it with opensmalltalk-vm's
platform code commit a838346b1, which is a commit previous to the migration
to Metal.

To make this work I've written some tests too. I've packaged them so far in
a separate package (VMMaker-Tests). I've seen that currently VMMaker tests
are inside the VMMaker package itself, but some of them are red in Pharo. I
can move those tests to the VMMaker package itself if people see a value on
them.

In any case, I'm just submitting this for review :).

Cheers,
Guille

==== Patch 1 ====
Name: VMMaker.oscog-GAP.2533