[Vm-dev] Slang definition?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 02:00:52 UTC 2019

Hi Laurent,

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 11:10 AM Laurent Julliard <laurent at moldus.org>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there some place I can find a document describing what subset of
> Smalltalk is supported in Slang in its current state?

As others have said there isn't a formal definition. It's also a moving
target.  I had to add significant type inference facilities to be able to
express both a 64-bit and a 32-bit VM with the same set of sources.  I've
also extended it to support literal block arguments to a limited extent.
One can't enumerate over objects, but one can supply blocks to iterators.

I'm curious what you want to use Slang for.  Answering this might help
Slang users/maintainers/extenders to help you.

> Thank you.
>
> Laurent

best, Eliot