[Vm-dev] [Cuis-dev] Larger mouse pointers on QHD screen?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Sep 3 01:16:58 UTC 2019

On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 03:04:30PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> > On 2019-09-02, at 2:44 PM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I wanted to check the legacy svn repository status, but what happened to it?
> > http://squeakvm.org/svn
>
> There have been some problems for a while; the board has been trying to get in touch with the owner of the domain etc etc.

The squeakvm.org server has been down. Until that is resolved you can check
out directly from the back end repository (which runs on a different
box) like this:

  $ svn co http://180.235.36.229:8088/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms
  $ svn co http://180.235.36.229:8088/svn/squeak/trunk/src

Aside from that, the build instructions at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6354
are accurate.

I have not yet had a chance to check this out in the oscog code base,
but the original implementation has cmake checking for the xrender
development libs, and setting "#define HAVE_LIBXRENDER 1" in config.h.
Then in display_ioSetCursorARGB() in sqUnixX11.c, the code is active
if HAVE_LIBXRENDER is defined. There was also a VMMaker change to
activate this in VMMaker-dtl.298.

The oscog version of display_ioSetCursorARGB() has the necessary code,
but I don't see HAVE_LIBXRENDER being defined in my config.h, so my guess
is that it is something that needs to be backported to the build system
for oscog.

I'll try to follow up tomorrow, don't have time right now. But as a
quick check, maybe just add "#define HAVE_LIBXRENDER 1" manually to
config.h and see if it starts working?