[Vm-dev] Failed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1812 (Cog - 3023fbc)

Travis CI builds at travis-ci.org
Wed Sep 25 16:52:10 UTC 2019

Build Update for OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
-------------------------------------

Build: #1812

Duration: 40 mins and 41 secs
Commit: 3023fbc (Cog)
Author: Nicolas Cellier
Message: Minor patch for making unix SocketPlugin 64bits friendly

IPV4 address are uint32_t, not u_long
This is not the same on 64 bits.
This has a consequence on alignment of pointer aliasing (u_long might require 8 bytes alignment).
This remove a runtime UndefinedBehavior sanitizer message (UBsan)
when compiled with CC=clang ./mvm and CFLAGS -fsanitize=undefined.
So far, the consequence are void, but let's not insult the future...

Note that I used autotools HAVE_STDINT_H for backward compatibility
but we could either drop this compatibility like already done in SSL or Camera plugin...
C99 is already 20years behind!

Also avoid converting a pointer (PSP) to (unsigned long) just for printing...
We have %p now for that purpose (like already used elsewhere in the same file).

View the changeset: https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/compare/521c75a86540...3023fbc21592

View the full build log and details: https://travis-ci.org/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/builds/589529234?utm_medium=notification&utm_source=email

Or configure specific recipients for build notifications in your .travis.yml file. See https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/notifications.