[Vm-dev] VM Maker: Cog-eem.405.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Apr 26 03:42:10 UTC 2020

Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Cog to project VM Maker:
http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/Cog-eem.405.mcz

Name: Cog-eem.405
Author: eem
Time: 25 April 2020, 8:42:08.457845 pm
UUID: 35edc518-f11b-43f8-90c7-6a93e755e67d
Ancestors: Cog-eem.404

Include MIPS in the hack fix, and fix a comment.

=============== Diff against Cog-eem.404 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: GdbARMAlien>>hackFixNextPCOfJumpFor:using: (in category 'execution') -----
  hackFixNextPCOfJumpFor: aProcessorSimulationTrap using: objectMemory
  	"This is a hack fix before we revise the simulators.  When a jump call is made, the
+ 	 next pc is effectively the return address in the link reg, not the instruction following
- 	 next pc is effectively the return address on the stack, not the instruction following
  	 the jump. So reset it here.  All this is because currently the simulators don't execute
  	 a control transfer to a fake address, as would a real processor. Once the processor
  	 simulators correctly emulate such control transfers, we can ditch this hack."

  	aProcessorSimulationTrap nextpc: self lr!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: MIPSSimulator>>hackFixNextPCOfJumpFor:using: (in category 'processor api') -----
+ hackFixNextPCOfJumpFor: aProcessorSimulationTrap using: objectMemory
+ 	"This is a hack fix before we revise the simulators.  When a jump call is made, the
+ 	 next pc is effectively the return address in the link reg, not the instruction following
+ 	 the jump. So reset it here.  All this is because currently the simulators don't execute
+ 	 a control transfer to a fake address, as would a real processor. Once the processor
+ 	 simulators correctly emulate such control transfers, we can ditch this hack."
+
+ 	aProcessorSimulationTrap nextpc: self lr!