[Vm-dev] [ANN] SqueakJS 1.0

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Dec 22 18:47:41 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 12:41:05AM -0800, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> > Help is very welcome at https://github.com/codefrau/SqueakJS
>
> We have an effort crisis with the execution machinery.  You are asking
> did help. I am asking for help.  We have at least four different Squeak
> vm efforts.  Little mutual support.  Little community involvement.  Nothing
> new, but I do find this a serious problem.

I would prefer to think that the glass is half full. Maybe we don't have
enough people, but I believe that the various efforts are complimentary.
It is quite remarkable to see the results as various projects push the
limits of extreme performance and extreme portability.

The only thing that makes me sad about this is that we do not have a
way to pursue the Sista/Scorch opportunities. I understand this topic
just barely enough to recognize that it is innovative and important.
I don't have any competence in the area at all, but I really do hope
that more can be done to move these ideas forward.

> Thank you for tolerating my gloom in this holiday season.

Gloom is something of a holiday tradtion ;-)