[Vm-dev] SqueakJS for Scratch (was: Questions on scratchJS:

stefano federici s_federici at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 9 09:51:25 UTC 2020

 >> you want to understand where the Scratch files are stored on your PC.
> Correct. So that I can easily open my old Scratch projects and I can send projects that I develop in ScratchJS to other people

UPDATE: I created and saved a project in the "SqueakJS" folder (the one shown in ScratchJS) and I made a full search in my PC. The file was not found. So, I guess projects are just saved in an internal SqueakJS DB? If it is so, this makes unfortunately ScratchJS useless for my purposes. And I have no sufficient javascript/smalltalk knowledge to try myself to change this behaviour (that I guess would possible in principle, as a lot of JS apps allow to save file locally).

Cheers
Stefano

> I am also CC'ing the squeak-dev mailing list where some of the real Scratch and SqueakJS experts reside.

Thanks a lot Dave

> I think that you are asking about running Scratch on Bert Freudenberg's SqueakJS, which is a modern Squeak virtual machine implemented entirely in JavaScript for HML5

Correct

Yes. I partially solved the problem by downloading page https://squeak.js.org/run/ and by dragging my Scratch.image file into the page. ScratchJS runs apparently fine. I also partially solved the problem of running local files, by dragging the Scratch projects on the Scratch app running in SqueakJS

> you want to understand where the Scratch files are stored on your PC.

Correct. So that I can easily open my old Scratch projects and I can send projects that I develop in ScratchJS to other people

Thanks for your help

Stefano Federici
Università degli Studi di Cagliari
Facoltà di Studi Umanistici
Dipartimento di Pedagogia, Psicologia e Filosofia
Via Is Mirrionis 1, 09123 Cagliari, Italia
Tel: +39 349 818 1955 Fax: +39 070 675 7113