[Vm-dev] SqueakJS for Scratch (was: Questions on scratchJS:

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Feb 9 18:55:40 UTC 2020

> On 2020-02-09, at 10:48 AM, stefano federici <s_federici at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim, thanks for your offer. What I need is a way of running Scratch 1.4 on the new MacOS Catalina, that "banned" 32bit applications.

Ah, of course. Related to a subject we have just been talking about - how to run 32bit images on 64 bit machines etc.

Happily we can solve this without any scary messing around since the source code can be loaded into a 64 bit image just as easily as into a 32bit one. Another nice bonus is that we get to keep all the Squeak goodness behind the scenes and can add new capabilities when needed.

Why do you particularly want the Scratch 1.4 ? MIT have moved on to Scratch 3, based on html5 or sometihng I don't care about. I certainly claim the 'real' stuff is better but I am of course biased.

tim
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul