[Vm-dev] Simulating trunk6.image in Spur64VMMaker

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 12:58:33 UTC 2020

All,

I tried simulating latest trunk6.image in Squeak#19335 on
sqcogspur64linuxht built on linux (Ubuntu 16.04):

| sis |
sis := StackInterpreterSimulator newWithOptions: #(ObjectMemory
Spur32BitMemoryManager).
sis desiredNumStackPages: 8.
sis assertValidExecutionPointersAtEachStep: false.
sis openOn: 'trunk6.image'.
sis openAsMorph; run

The image opens successfully, but I get a small blinking rectangle to
the left of the Squeak icon on the docking bar. Response is terribly
slow (about 20s to bring up the World menu) even when cpu is at 30-40%.

What am I doing wrong?

What are the options if I want to open V3 images in this simulator?

TIA .. Subbu