[Vm-dev] [squeak-dev] Condensing sources for a new release

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Feb 11 17:53:01 UTC 2020

>> On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 08:48:49AM -0800, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>>>

>>> Converting a 28Mb 64-bit image into a 22Mb 32-bit image takes 9 seconds on
>>> my 2.9GHz Core i9 MacBook Pro

Once the conversion is known to work reliably I suggest it would be worth running it as part of the auto-build stuff, especially if it takes so little time. Finding out promptly if anything makes it fail would likely be valuable in the future. And of course a copy of the convertor image ought be available to download for local use.

tim
Useful random insult:- Teflon brain -- nothing sticks.