[Vm-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Wed Jan 15 14:21:26 UTC 2020

Hi all--

     I'd like to serve on the Squeak Oversight Board in 2020 (wow, it
really does feel like Back to the Future now ;). I'm interested in
looking back, as we sometimes do, to plan for the 25th anniversary of
Squeak in 2021.

     I've also been on a wild ride forward and to the side, with Bert's
SqueakJS VM and the Caffeine project. They've brought me into contact
with many interesting Smalltalk, JavaScript, and livecoding-adjacent
technologies and communities. I want to continue hatching strange ideas
about them with my fellow board members, and with you.

     Once hatched, those ideas want to grow in our collaborative spaces.
I've been helping with the board meeting notes for some time, but we
haven't publicized them. I'd like to know how you'd like to see them
appear on the Squeak project blog, our mailing lists, and in our live
systems. Whatever we come up with will need to be done communally (each
of us is doing many other things), but I'd like to help us restart here.

     Another technical front I've been pushing recently is modularity
and team development. I'd like to get some more livecoders connected
this year.

     thanks again!
     Craig

***