[Vm-dev] really annoying double monitor behavior. How to fix?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jan 19 01:52:24 UTC 2020

> On 2020-01-17, at 9:19 PM, John M McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
>
> Hi it’s a bit more complicated as the meta data saved is only the screen height and width, not position, and of could you could save on Mac and open on windows or Linux. I could look at seeing if it’s possible to reopen spanning the two screens.

The image header window size hack really ought to be deprecated and left behind. It never was much good; aside from anything else it is part of the 'assume there is always a window' world.

We can (at least, should be able to) get the window metrics via the HostWindowProxy classes. It is, after all, exactly what John & I wrote the stuff for in 2004. It seems like one should simply read the window position & size when snapshotting and use that to open the window(s) on startup.

tim
Never forget: 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.