[Vm-dev] FFI Plugin / IA32ABI | Crash on return from callback to VM

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Jun 18 11:41:18 UTC 2020

This was on a Windows machine. I just checked 64-bit (i.e. X64Win64 ABI in Alien-Core). No crash there.

Best,
Marcel
Am 17.06.2020 20:34:11 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
Hi all!

I just tried Alien exampleCqsort. The VM crashes (access violation (write access) at 042DCE88) when trying to return from the callback in Alien class >> #invokeCallbackContext:

So, the primitive "primReturnAsFromContextThrough" from the IA32ABI module leads to the crash. :-/

I am using the "IA32" ABI for thunk initialization and argument evaluation.

Best,
Marcel