[Vm-dev] macOS Window Bugs

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Sun Mar 1 20:53:56 UTC 2020

Hi Ronie, hi all,

Now that I've fixed the fullscreen issues on macOS, I found another
problem which I don't understand: I can't close the About panel for
some reason. AFAICT this never worked with the new Metal backend. It
appears that the window title bar is not initialized correctly, at
least it doesn't respond to mouse event. Also, it looks like this is
the same reason why the title bar buttons cannot be clicked once the
fullscreen mode was triggered via the green fullscreen window button.

This seems like something super easy to fix, but I don't know much
about macOS UI development. Any help would be appreciated!

Best,
Fabio