[Vm-dev] squeak.cog.spur-sunos32x86

stes stes at telenet.be
Sat Mar 28 17:07:11 UTC 2020

With beginner, I mean that at least I'm outsider regarding such issues as
"classic vm" versus "opensmalltalk vm" etc.

It's a little confusing that there are multiple squeak vm's.

Also although I have a working binary now, which seems to be capable of
running an image like:

bash-4.4$ bin/squeak Squeak6.0alpha-19547-32bit.image

the latest 6.0alpha image,  it seems buggy since I suffer from "update"
problems for screen drawing,
when opening a browser for example, I have screen update problems/issues, so
it is just a first attempt of a "port".

In some sense I think the Solaris platform (based on what I saw on the
"classic vm") was always supported in the past, so it is not a "new" port,
it is just making sure it keeps working.

Also I have a message:

bash-4.4$ bin/squeak Squeak5.2-18221-32bit.image

*pthread_setschedparam failed: Not owner*
This VM uses a separate heartbeat thread to update its internal clock
and handle events.  For best operation, this thread should run at a
higher priority, however the VM was unable to change the priority.

which I have to look into

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-VM-f104410.html