[Vm-dev] __VERSION__ in squeakvm classic

stes stes at telenet.be
Sun Mar 29 16:21:29 UTC 2020

Using CMAKE_C_COMPILER_VERSION is perhaps not a bad idea,

as alternative to __VERSION__

when I build the classic vm with gcc 9.2

it correctly identifies this as:

it results in a

./build/config.h:#define VM_BUILD_STRING "Unix built on "__DATE__ "
"__TIME__" Compiler: 9.2.0"

as far as I can see the classic vm is not compiling on Solaris with gcc 9.2

it fails on

./squeakvm/src/plugins/FT2Plugin/FT2Plugin.c:37:10: fatal error: ft2build.h:
No such file or directory
   37 | #include <ft2build.h>

but the test with GCC was just to see how it sets VM_BUILD_STRING on that
platform.

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-VM-f104410.html