[Vm-dev] pthread_setschedparam failed: Not owner

stes stes at telenet.be
Mon Mar 30 12:56:58 UTC 2020

This is not on FreeBSD but on Solaris ... (a different UNIX).  I see there's
a different subject thread for people who try to make a FreeBSD version as
well.

Perhaps a FreeBSD port is more difficult than a Solaris port, because my
understanding is that the Solaris "port" is not so hard because Solaris was
in the past well supported by Squeak.

There were Solaris ports in the past so it's just a matter of making sure it
keeps working.

My understanding of the pthread_setschedparam() issue, is that although it
is supported on Solaris to set the priority on IA, there's no guarantuee it
has the desired effect in IA class.  Theoretically it should be better in
RT.

But in practice I don't see a big difference,  although that I could do some
"benchmark" or test.

Like the code that was posted by Eliot Miranda.

But I don't quite get the idea of that code, am I supposed to test in a
Transcript window ? what should be the result in RT class versus non-RT
class etc.  ...

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-VM-f104410.html