[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Note on runtime/tcl-8/tcl-openssl which provides tls.h (8f71c4a)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri May 1 14:46:57 UTC 2020

Hi

> On 01.05.2020, at 15:56, stes <stes at telenet.be> wrote:
>
> I don't immediately see a reason to change the search logic in configure,
> it was possible to override the configure autodetection with
> --without-libtls.
>
> Perhaps searching for the presence of the library object files has the same
> sort of problems.

I really want to avoid to have user-configural options being necessary for a default install.

./configure should be sufficient to get a working VM regardless of operating system.

If that is not the case, we got to change the configure-mechanics.

Thanks for uncovering that, tho :)

Best regards
	-Tobias