[Vm-dev] Interpreter simulator error

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:08:03 UTC 2020

On 11/05/20 7:27 pm, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>> I am not sure of what I should do now. Should I get
>> InterpreterSimulator working in VMMaker and then port it to
>> VMMaker.oscog or get it working in VMMaker.oscog directly?

> Because VMMaker.oscog works and is the production environment for
> opensmalltalk VMs it will be more effective to work within
> VMMaker.oscog, not breaking anything, having the full VMMaker.oscog
> facilities available, than working within VMMaker and porting later.
> IMO.

Thanks, Eliot for your lightning quick response. My hesitation is not
around technical efforts but around merging large pieces of code into
mainstream code.

Is this really useful enough to get into VMMaker.oscog directly? If not,
I wouldn't want to upload large code chunks and risk its release
schedules. I will be content with my VMMaker weekend hacks.

But if this is something that needs to get into oscog, then I have to
plan to merge code in small reviewable chunks to avoid disruptions.

Regards .. Subbu