[Vm-dev] [Vm-beginners] Stability of the external plugin interface

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed May 27 03:14:16 UTC 2020

> On May 26, 2020, at 6:51 PM, Todd Blanchard <tblanchard at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I was hoping getting a solid libCLANG interface would make this easy.
>
> But I haven't been able to get past a problem with some functions returning structs by value and the FFI failing to handle this.

Bugs were fixed on x86_64 recently and ARMv8 less recently.

There really isn’t any advantage in using a different FFI implementation.  We have the capability of producing a correct FFI.  What we need is good bug reports and help.  What we *dont* need is a different FFI, incoherent or split community effort, etc.