[Vm-dev] Another NuScratch issue

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Nov 21 00:50:01 UTC 2020

> On 2020-11-20, at 3:10 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
>
> So I built a new VM with a  fix  for the input method change.  I did not fully test the other things but Scratch on the VM does not do animations. It updates screen only when mouse is moved, or some slower interval:
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/QHgKCeeP2bnQGESu5

That's really weird. I see two systems running at the same time there - same image? Different VM?

> I suspect that there might have been some options I needed to pass in to specify some timers?  Can you think of other reasons why this might happen and where to look to fix it?

I never had any timer related options to worry about, so it shouldn't be anything to do with that.

What happens if you use the 'new' VM but don't use the compositor/input thing? IIRC I had terrible problems caused by that ibus program and we had to make sure it didn't get into the Raspbian release.

tim
Useful random insult:- Several nuts over fruitcake minimum.