[Vm-dev] Screen coordinates for the main Squeak window/host windows

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:50:18 UTC 2020

Hi John, Hi Vanessa, Hi HostWindowPlugin folks,

    I've managed to compute window rectangles for WindowEventMetricChange
events correctly on macOS/Cocoa.  But I'm not sure whether the origin of a
window includes its menu bar or not.

So should the origin of  the Squeak Window be reported as the position
relative to the top left of the Mac's main display of...
- the origin of the host window containing the Squeak window ?
- the origin of the Squeak display (which is menuBarHeight screen
coordinates further down than the window origin) ?

Similarly should the HostWindowPlugin report window origins and sizes for
the actual host window, or form the content of the window, offsetting
downwards by the menu bar height?
best, Eliot