[Vm-dev] CI status

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 27 01:34:37 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 09:02:40PM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Hi Levente,
>
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 12:59:55AM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> >
> > Hi David
> >
> > On Mon, 26 Oct 2020, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >
> > >I do not know if it is related to the CI issues, but here is one clue:
> > >
> > >I am maintaining a V3 "trunk" image that attempts to keep in sync with
> > >trunk except for changes that pertain to Spur object format (immediate
> > >characters, etc). As of Monticello-ul.728 I get failures in SSL connection
> > >to e.g. source.squeak.org. The failures happen with both Cog and the
> > >interpreter VM (although the specific error symptoms are different).
> > >
> > >I can bypass the errors by reverting MCHttpRepository>>httpGet:arguments:
> > >to its prior version (stamped ul 9/20/2019).
> >
> > That version adds some rewrite rules, so some http urls are converted to
> > https.
> > If that doesn't work, then there is a problem with the SqueakSSL plugin in
> > your VM. Does the following print true?
> >
> > | response |
> > response := WebClient httpGet: 'https://source.squeak.org'.
> > response code = 200
> >

> With an interpreter VM, I get a failure from primitiveSSLCreate.
>
> With Cog (squeak.cog.v3_linux32x86_202010010729.tar.gz) I also get a
> failure on the same primitive call.
>
> So yes it is probably an issue with the SqueakSSL plugin.
>
> Sorry I don't have time to follow up on this properly, I just wanted
> to mention that I saw an issue in case it relates to the CI problems.

I'm sorry, I reported this incorrectly.

With Cog (squeak.cog.v3_linux32x86_202010010729.tar.gz) I get the
failure on primitiveSSLCreate. Basically "SqueakSSL new" is failing.

With an interpreter VM, SqueakSSL class>>new succeeds, and the failure
happens later with a "Host name mismatch" on the certificate. The
SecureSocketStream thinks that the host name is source.squeak.org,
and the SqueakSSL thinks that its peerName is squeak.org. Very likely
this is a plugin problem also, since the interpreter VM would be using
an outdated version of the plugin.