[Vm-dev] OpenSmalltalk Cooperation Weekly Roundup

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Sep 6 15:52:27 UTC 2020

Great stuff, thanks for this effort!

---- On Sat, 05 Sep 2020 23:51:16 -0400 Sean DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote ----

A few highlights of cooperation between Cuis, Pharo, and Squeak this week...

Squeak (and GToolkit) support has been officially added to PharoLauncher. Thanks to Christophe Demarey for merging my extensions so quickly! It is included in the [latest CI build](https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-ci-jenkins2/job/PharoLauncher-Pipeline/job/dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/) by default. If you'd rather play with it in the [latest released version](https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher/releases/tag/2.2), you can load the `enh_vm-image-custom-hooks` issue branch from [my fork](https://github.com/seandenigris/pharo-launcher) and make sure the `PharoLauncher-Squeak` package gets loaded.

[RISCV](https://github.com/darth-cheney/safe-bet) is now available in Pharo, as well as Squeak, thanks to Eric Gade (aka darth-cheney)

[OSProcess-Tonel](https://github.com/dtlewis290/OSProcess-Tonel), which allows OSP to be run in Pharo, has received an update, thanks to David Lewis.