[Vm-dev] binary configuration to make finding VM easier?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Sep 28 07:10:38 UTC 2020

Hi Tim.

Provided that the CI should build all targets in each run, the latest (whatever) build would be here:

1. Visit: https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog [https://bintray.com/opensmalltalk/vm/cog]
2. In the right-hand versions table, click the topmost entry, e.g. "202009280303"
3. Then click on the green "Files" label (i.e., the one right of "Statistics").
4. Look for your VM flavor (e.g., squeak.cog.spur_osBits_timestamp) and download.

If step 4 fails you, repeat from step 2 with another version tag. This should, however, only be the case during occasional CI hiccups.

For release VMs, the GitHub releases page will always have all flavors for the latest release available:
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/releases [https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/releases]

Best,
Marcel