[Vm-dev] Building Ubuntu x64 vm; did I drop a clang-er?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Apr 2 17:28:44 UTC 2021

> On 2021-04-02, at 12:15 AM, stes at PANDORA.BE <stes at telenet.be> wrote:
> The message that the OpenSmalltalk VM emits when it cannot pthread_setsched(),
> has multiple solutions depending on the setup.

That's what I was afraid of; yet more complication in making a system decently portable.

> According to https://packages.ubuntu.com/groovy/util-linux
> the package util-linux for ubuntu has a command /usr/bin/prlimit
>
> A method which you could try:
>
> 	prlimit --rtprio=99 --pid=<pid of shell in which you will run squeak>

OK, so my Ubuntu does have that command installed, so a good start, thanks.
I have no idea how one might find that pid and use it within any of the shell scripts etc we have. Fire up the Bash Signal! (Obviously this is the unix equivalent of the Windows(™) Bat Signal, which gets Batman to help with your .bat files)

tim
All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.