[Vm-dev] "This file was included too late" whilst attempting to test build the improved ARM64 bitblt code

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Aug 30 02:25:31 UTC 2021

This is obviously fallout from the recent rearrangement of include stuff, which I happily let float by me. I spent this afternoon attempting to build the improved ARM64 bitblt that RPF paid to have done at the beginning of the year. After first being surprised that the pull request Ben created/raised/sent/whatever hadn't been dealt with I managed to work out the changes he had made and got the above error message. I don't remember any details at all about what had to be done.

The full error message produced was -

In file included from /home/pi/DizietFS/Documents/Squeak/opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/vm/sqMemoryAccess.h:23,
                 from /home/pi/DizietFS/Documents/Squeak/opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/vm/sqVirtualMachine.h:30,
                 from /home/pi/DizietFS/Documents/Squeak/opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/plugins/BitBltPlugin/BitBltDispatch.h:30,
                 from /home/pi/DizietFS/Documents/Squeak/opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/plugins/BitBltPlugin/BitBltInternal.h:29,
                 from /home/pi/DizietFS/Documents/Squeak/opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/plugins/BitBltPlugin/BitBltArm64.c:28:
/home/pi/DizietFS/Documents/Squeak/opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64ARMv8/squeak.cog.spur/build/config.h:40:2: error: #error This file was included too late. Please make sure it is included earlier
 #error This file was included too late. Please make sure it is included earlier

I guess that means some ordering change is needed in the BitBltDispatch.h where the current #inclued chunk looks like -

#ifndef BITBLTDISPATCH_H_
#define BITBLTDISPATCH_H_

#include <stdbool.h>
#include "sqVirtualMachine.h"