[Vm-dev] "This file was included too late" whilst attempting to test build the improved ARM64 bitblt code

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Aug 31 00:31:07 UTC 2021

> On 2021-08-29, at 11:13 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> It should be safe to
>
> a) swap these lines of (if not feasible)
> b) include this:
>
> #ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
> #include "config.h"
> #endif

If I try the simple approach of putting the  #include "BitBltInterna" first then we avoid the config.h issue but discover that the bitblt code relies upon many defines and typedefs found in stdint.h. Eventually  I noticed the order used in some of the other files and replicating that seems to build OK.

It builds and runs OK, so far. Running SUnit from the About Squeak window ran for ages but appears to have got stuck in an unresponsive loop related to image segment loading. Using the TestRunner it seems to run everything.

So, clearly the new bitblt code should be merged. Ben's pull request has all the details except of course the #include order in
BitBltArm64.c
BitBltDispatch.c
BitBltGeneric.c

If I try to do the git-dance it will almost certainly cause servers to melt and creatures from the Dho-Na regions will break through. 2021 is bad enough without that...

tim
Strange OpCodes: SDL: Shift Disk Left