[Vm-dev] unix SqueakSource socket 'too many open files' problem

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Feb 26 20:04:26 UTC 2021

> On 2021-02-25, at 8:04 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> After an hour or so there are 350 entries in that directory, virtually all sockets. I imagine somehow something has caused an issue that ... well, no idea. Pretty sure it isn't going to last for a week at this rate!

This morning there were 976 fds. So I restarted and watched and .. 18. It's sitting there all happy and as if, as we say in the UK, "butter wouldn't melt in its mouth". What, me? Cause problems? How can you be so cruel to a young server?

Maybe a port scanning/attack of some sort flooded it?

tim
Oxymorons: Living dead