[Vm-dev] Suggestions for handling sqSCCSVersion.h with tarball builds?

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:42:54 UTC 2021

The first step of the build process *checks* to see if the update script
has been run (per comments I saw in a couple of files, actually running the
update script automatically is problematic on one or two platforms) and
fails if it hasn't.  However, running the update script manually or
automatically prior to running the build script is not an option building
from the tarball since it's no longer a git repo (i.e. there is no version
information to be found at that point and even if there were, the git tools
which the update script depends on don't work with a bunch of loose files
like this)