[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Getting a segmentation fault on the latest squeak.cog.spur (#574)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jul 20 17:18:23 UTC 2021

> On 2021-07-20, at 9:50 AM, Joseph Turco <notifications at github.com> wrote:
>

> So do you want me to try and build from source? The segfault showed up from the binaries.

Well that's always an option, though right now there are a number of interesting issues in the midst of being cleared up.

Another option is to load the vm from the Raspberry Pi archive; it includes a VM I built in January that appears fairly solid, at least for running NuScratch. If you loaded the raspbian release with scratch already included then the VM start shell script is in /usr/bin/squeak

Otherwise you would need to do some apt install stuff; I've never actually loaded that way since as the developer of it I sort of had it there anyway. Looks like
`sudo apt install nuscratch`
ought to work. Obviously it will load a bit more than the vm but you can always just delete the specifically scratch related files.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Magister Mundi sum! = I am the Master of the Universe!