[Vm-dev] regression: TestObjectsAsMethods crash in 4.19.5 (not in 4.16.7)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Mar 20 22:14:20 UTC 2021

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 08:14:30PM +0100, stes at PANDORA.BE wrote:

> Also I'll try to test SqueakJS which is something I have no experience with,
> at all (JS = Javascript).
>
> As far as I understand, SqueakJS is a Javascript runtime for Squeak.
>
> I'll try to test that as well ...
>
> I'm learning about all the different runtimes ...
>
>   - squeak-5 (OpenSmalltalk) and squeak-5 Cog Spur (COG VM)
>   - squeak-4 classical VM
>   - squeakJS javascript

I certainly encourage you to get acquainted with SqueakJS. It is not the
fastest VM for Squeak, but is it certainly the most portable with respect
to supporting various Squeak images, and it demonstrates that the virtual
machine that runs the Squeak image does not necessarily need to be tied
to any specific operating system or implementation language.