[Vm-dev] ulimit rat-rio setting (was Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Do not use linux-latest runner, use an older stable version. (#598))

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Sep 29 20:23:26 UTC 2021

> On 2021-09-29, at 12:44 PM, Bruce O'Neel <bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch> wrote:
>
> So on my ubuntu 18.04.06 it works.
>
> What do you see if once you login to your home box, try using ssh to connect to your home box again.  Then what does ulimit tell you about rtprio?

Huh. That's interestingly weird. It works.

So what does that tell us? It isn't simply the 'login again/reboot' since the machine has been rebooted plenty of times including on Sunday after a massive-storm power outage.

The machine is set up to start and log into the default user (ie me) and GUI.

tim
A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.