[Vm-dev] new VM breaks window dragging in old images. that's not backwards compatibility in my book.

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 01:29:06 UTC 2022

Hi Marcel,

    the issue of windows being invisible when dragged in the new VM is a
major bug.  The VM needs to be backwards compatible.  It souldn't break old
images.  So we need to find a way of restoring the default behaviour in
images that don't set the relevant preference.

To reproduce take e.g. Squeak 6.0 alpha or the ;ast of the 5.x line and
simply try and move a window about  As soon as the window starts to move it
disappears and then reappears when the mouse button is released.  This must
be fixed.
best, Eliot