[Vm-dev] Question about trampoline usage

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:36:21 UTC 2022

Hi Angel,

> On Aug 15, 2022, at 10:02 AM, Angel Yan <angelyan96 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> As I had suspected, it turned out to be a silly mistake on my part. Apparently, I need to call the trampoline using CallRT instead of Call because of method relocations? That seems to explain the symptoms I've seen.

I apologize for not responding sooner.  When I read your message I thought for a few days and the only thing I could think of was not saving the relevant registers.  (This would matter if a trampoline were called at an arbitrary point where registers were live on return from the trampoline). I did t think about method relocation at all.  I’m really glad you figured it out. I’m sorry I was g of more help.