[Vm-dev] ExtendedClipboardInterface and ClipboardExtendedPlugin state?

Vanessa Freudenberg vanessa at codefrau.net
Mon Jan 3 21:03:16 UTC 2022

In the OLPC days this plugin enabled copy/paste of objects, pictures. and
rich text on all platforms (Mac/Win/X11).

E.g. you could copy/paste a morph from one image to another simply by
bringing up its halo, pressing cmd-c, and pressing cmd-v in the other
image. All its scripted behavior (Etoys scripts) would be transferred with
it. If instead you pasted that morph into a word processor, it would
insert a bitmap rendering of the morph.

Similarly you could copy a picture from a web browser and paste it directly
into Squeak. Or copy syntax-highlighted source code from Squeak into an
email.

I'm not entirely sure how much of the machinery made into Squeak trunk, but
I would guess it's almost all there, might just need some wiring to hook up
properly.

Vanessa