[Vm-dev] Next Release Candidate?
eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:55:11 UTC 2022
> On Jan 6, 2022, at 7:05 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
> Hi all --
> Well, I figured that the pre-compiled (default) manifest only bothers 32-bit builds for Windows because there we use gcc instead of clang. I am still trying to understand how we can fix the 32-bit builds for Windows in this regard. Just deleting
> does not do the trick as the linking step (ld) will fail quite early :
> i686-w64-mingw32-gcc -o mkNamedPrims.exe -mconsole -m32 ../../../platforms/win32/util/mkNamedPrims.c
> C:/msys64/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/10.3.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find default-manifest.o: No such file or directory
> collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [../common/Makefile:221: mkNamedPrims.exe] Error 1
> So, the question is: Should I try to fix this and then make another release candidate, which would include the already pushed  SqueakSSL fixes for Ubuntu 16 as well? Or should we keep the current one? What about that hard-to-reproduce/debug BitBlt segfault ? Hmm...
My feeling is that we should fix all of these, and include the primitive suspend fix. I shall refrain from making any changes other than in fixing these four issues.
>  https://github.com/msys2/MSYS2-packages/issues/454
>  https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commits/Cog
>  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2021-December/217834.html
>> Am 27.12.2021 10:20:57 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
>> Hi all --
>> There will be another release candidate because our current build system for Windows (i.e., MSYS+MinGW) hard-codes a manifest into the executable, which prevents us from enabling High-DPI-Awareness.
>> Stay tuned.
>>> Am 20.12.2021 15:31:00 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
>>> Hi all --
>>> Here is the next release candidate:
>>> Note that the macOS build artifacts are still unsigned and not notarized but will be as soon as I attach those to our squeak-app bundling job , which produces ready-to-run artifacts . So, if you cannot manage to execute the macOS artifacts in this form, please report, compile yourself, and/or wait for a separate notification on the squeak-app bundles.
>>>  https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app/actions
>>>  http://files.squeak.org/trunk/
>>>> Am 09.12.2021 10:57:56 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
>>>> Hi all --
>>>> Please test this VM version:
>>>> Choose your preferred platform. Focus on cog.spur flavors for 64-bit machines.
>>>>> Am 01.12.2021 10:38:47 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:
>>>>> Hi all --
>>>>> What's you overall feeling of having a new release candidate of the OSVM?
>>>>> Overall pace has been decreasing during the last weeks. Maybe this is a good time then? Latest commit was about 10 hours ago. So, wait for 2-3 days and then tag that version, produce binaries and test those?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Vm-dev