[Vm-dev] Help: Float returns on RISCV

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Fri Jul 1 23:42:01 UTC 2022

On 2022-07-01 16:25, Boris Shingarov wrote:

>> I do have some time tomorrow (Saturday; 2 July) in Pacific Time Zone
> Hmmm... how about some day during the week?  This weekend is Canada
> Day and this always means guests etc.

Yes.  I am booked 4-7th, perhaps next Thursday and/or Friday? [7th-8th]

>> So building and debugging takes patience
> Wait... you build stuff on the board?

Yes.  Bought ~$25 Lichee RV Doc from AliExpress.

Details at:

https://github.com/KenDickey/opensmalltalk-vm-rv64/blob/Cog/building/linux64riscv/LicheePiHow2.txt

RV64gc running Debian Linux on AllWinner D1 cuip.  1 core.  Running Cuis
base image tests on Raspberry Pi takes a couple of minutes, but close to
2 _hours_ on D1.

But hey, runs both Squeak and Cuis on OpenSmalltalk stack VM in either
X11 or FrameBuffer on real RiscV64 hardware.

FYI,
-KenD