[Vm-dev] Cuis on RV64 FrameBuffer

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Thu Jun 23 13:58:24 UTC 2022

On 2022-06-23 01:16, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> Great,
>
> * an opensource hardware architecture
> * a Linux kernel, no X-window
> * a console web browser
> * Cuis with more Dr. Geo alike applications
> * a case with two folding e-ink screens and electronic pen
>
> That will be a nice start for an open source dynabook ;-)

I have used Alpine Linux (Busybox; musl rather than libc; very
light-weight) with Cuis and NetSurf browser on LePotato (46 bit arm)
without X.

Not official, but I have heard of a port of Alpine Linux to RISCV.

I think of this as using a "shim OS" -- just enough to avoid writing
device drivers.

We might think of dusting off the Scamper code and (re)doing the web
browser in Cuis.

Life is short, but much fun to be had!  :)

-KenD