[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Document VM release process (Issue #637)
notifications at github.com
Mon May 30 08:31:03 UTC 2022
Here is a draft.
How to make a new RC of the OSVM:
1. Tag specific commit with its UTC timestamp, e.g., 202205110711 for May 11, 2022 at 7:11
2. Run all "Build for*" workflows manually for that tag
3. Verify that a pre-release was created for that tag, containing all build artifacts
How to make a new release of the OSVM:
1. Do a new RC (see above)
2. Edit that GitHub pre-release to be an actual release
3. Change the description to have some release notes on the changes
How to make use of OSVM-RC in squeak-app bundles:
1. Maybe do a new RC (see above)
2. In any branch's bundle.yml, set VM_RC_TAG in prepare-bundles job to the RC tag
How to make use of a new OSVM release in squeak-app bundles:
1. Maybe make a new VM release (see above)
2. Update the files in http://files.squeak.org/base/ for the Squeak versions of your choice
3. :warning: Watch out for minor differences between OSVM packaging and what vm-*.zip expects. For example, Linux has an extra indirection that needs to be removed. And those macOS .dmg packages have to be converted to .zip for squeak-app.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Message ID: <OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/issues/637 at github.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Vm-dev