[Vm-dev] Windows VM broken for ioShowDisplay

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:24:35 UTC 2022

Sorry, for shorten message, continued below...

Le lun. 14 nov. 2022 à 11:18, Nicolas Cellier <
nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi all,
> as Eliot already reported in October, after a few minutes, the 64bits
> image locks up on windows.
> The console reports an error from within ioShowDisplay
>
>     SetDIBitsToDevice failed (0)
>     width=1364,height=757,bits=7FF7471D68E8,dc=FFFFFFFF9D010B72
>
> then several other gdi calls start to fail, like
>
>     CreateCursor failed (0)
>
> a bit further, SetDIBitsToDevice failed (8), the error message concerns
>
>  The error message a bit further is about insufficient memory resources to
perform the SetDIBitsToDevice

If I open an image, leave it alone, and observe the Squeak.exe process in
TaskManager, I clearly see a memory leak.
The error happens after about 15 or 16Mbytes increase.
So we should track the origin of un-released resources, and the problem
will then probably vanish.

For now, it's a show-stopper for me.

Nicolas