[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Running 6502 image on 64bit Linux (Issue #656)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 25 15:18:19 UTC 2022

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 04:10:57AM -0700, Kirtai wrote:

> I'm trying to revive a 6502 image (MicroSqueak) but can't seem to find
> a release or a way to build a VM to run this on my 64bit EndeavourOS
> (Arch derivative) system. Am I missing something or is that not supported any more?

You can run the image in a web browser with SqueakJS. Just open the
demo page at http://try.squeak.org and drop the image and changes file
on that page to run it.

For the traditional compiled VM, follow the instructions at
https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6354
for  "VM Recipe: How to build an interpreter VM on Linux".

Precompiled binaries for the trditional VMs are not maintained, so
you will need to compile it yourself. This should work without problems
on 64bit EndeavourOS, but please ask here on the list if you encounter
any issues.

Thanks,