[Webteam] SqueakMap link and more

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:26:32 CET 2005

On 12/9/05, goran at krampe.se <goran at krampe.se> wrote:
> Hi fellas!
>
> Can someone change the SM link to the new official "map.squeak.org"?

Done

> I assume you need VNC for that.

Nope... it's under Templates>Settings

> And another thing - the linkbox - I have
> been wondering how to best not loose the short summaries for the links
> (today present at the bottom of the first page on wwwtest) and perhaps
> we could add some Javascript tooltip mechanism for the links? There are
> tons of such beasts around. :)

This would be a good idea.  I will look into when I get the chance.
Anyone else want to help investigate it?

> And if we add the tooltips and remove the bottom section of the first
> page on wwwtest (since the linkbox will have it all then) - should we
> use the new shorter first section (currently on wwwtest) or the one
> currently published? I could go either way.

You bring this up in this context because of page real estate?  Is the
argument here for the longer one because we won't have the link
section at the bottom?

> I am not so fond of the rulers between the "Next Steps" though. :)

Me either, they don't render uniformly across browsers (and probably
even across OSes).

> And yeah, how about trying a slicker quote style... hmmm, can't find a
> good example right now though. :)

I just saw something on Frank Caggiano's website
(http://www.crystal-objects.com).  He has a quotes box that fades in
new quotes every so often.  It's just CSS and Javascript (available
from Dynamic Drive).  Perhaps that would be a start.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20