[Webteam] Re: squeakfoundation.org main site

Karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Tue Oct 17 16:18:59 UTC 2006

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Karl wrote:

>>> I've created a Pier image using the final 3.8 image (which needs to
>>> be pruned, I would imagine)
>>> I copied over the text from the current SqF wiki into this Pier
>>> image. I also linked everything.
>>> Everything seems to be working ok, although I haven't run it on that
>>> box2, just on my PC.
>>>
>>> It's in:
>>> ~/SqueakFoundation/images/SqF-Pier-1.image
>>>
>>> I can email all the port, display number and the other vitals
>>> (usernames, passwords) to individual email addresses for security.
>>>
>>> Left to do:
>>> * get a nice css and a header/image for the Squeak Foundation to make
>>> it look cool.
>>> * create a daemontool service to get it running and keep it running.
>>>
>>> After this, it can be updated as needed by users.
>>>

>>> brad
>>>
>> Great news. Ken gave us a port number for the Squeakfoundation image,
>> 7780.
>> Stephane made a logo for Squeakfoundation, maybe we should use that
>> for the header image, it is somewhere on the old Squeakfoundation server.
>>
> the logo is also in the same directory as the new image.
> How do you change the image?
I found this Pier tutorial online:
http://chapados.org/articles/pier-design-tutorial
I think you have to make a change in the css to use the other
Squeakfoundation logo.
I found the default css files on the net, attached. We should host them
on Squeakfoundation.
The tutorial describes how to change Piers link to the css.
Karl